Targeting community concerns to achieve optimum health for all people in Calhoun County.
The Coordinating Council (TCC) of Calhoun County is the Community Collaborative Body of Calhoun County for the State of Michigan. Community Collaboratives (formerly Multi-Purpose Collaborative Bodies-MPCB’s) were created to put funds and fiscal decisions in the hands of the local community.
Local Community Collaboratives take responsibility for the direction and coordination of local state and federal sponsored enterprises. Additionally, Community Collaboratives link with other collaborative groups to address specific needs in the community. This is accomplished through the development of community wide initiatives, avoiding duplication of services, maximizing available resources, implementing community plans designed to meet a specific outcome, and monitoring progress. TCC has been in existence since 1989.
The collaborative oversees grant dollars, ensures collaborative efforts on the part of grantees, decreases duplication of services and strengthens community programs/initiatives by focusing on community interests. Members of the collaborative represent a variety of organizations across the county including non-profit, education, health, public safety, for-profit, grassroots, local businesses and community members. These individuals and organizations work collaboratively to positively impact the lives of all members of Calhoun County.
Leadership Cabinet Members:
Adam Dingwall, Chair, Retired, Battle Creek Family YMCA
Mark Crawford, Bronson Battle Creek Hospital
Robert Elchert, United Way of Battle Creek and Kalamazoo
Steve Frisbe, Calhoun County Commissioner and LifeCare Ambulance
Jeannie Goodrich, Summit Pointe
Richard Lindsey, Oaklawn Hospital
Eric Pessell, Calhoun County Health Officer
Elizabeth Schultheiss, Regional Health Alliance
Kathy Sue Vette, Calhoun County Commissioner
Kathy Szenda Wilson, BC Pulse
Special THANK YOU to our contributors which make this work possible!
- The Arc of Calhoun County
- Battle Creek Community Foundation
- Bronson Battle Creek
- Calhoun County Administration
- Calhoun County Juvenile Court
- Calhoun County Juvenile Home
- Calhoun County Probate Court
- Calhoun County Prosecutors Office
- Calhoun County Public Health Department
- Calhoun County Office of Senior Services
- Calhoun County Sheriff
- Calhoun County 10th District Court
- Calhoun County Treasurer’s Office
- Carewell Services Southwest
- CityLinc Ministries
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Grace Health
- Guardian Finance and Advocacy Services
- LifeCare Ambulance Service
- Oaklawn Hospital
- Regional Health Alliance
- Starr Commonwealth
- Summit Pointe
- United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region
- WE Upjohn Institute for Employment Research
- Willard Public Library
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
Your Financial Support:
- Sustains TCC activities including the community report card, referral trees, weekly announcements, community forums, grant assistance and collaborative efforts.
- Is based on your organization’s current annual Operating Budget. The minimum contribution per organization is $250 annually.
The TCC Leadership Cabinet shall have the discretionary privilege to approve individual requests for special payment arrangements due to financial hardship. These organizations will be required to submit their most recent 990 and a copy of their current annual operating budget along with a letter of request. Exceptions or special arrangements will be reviewed annually. Reports of contributions and exceptions will be available to TCC quarterly.
Please determine your organization’s contribution by using the following guidelines:
Operating Budget FY2017 Contribution Amount
$0 – $100,000 $250
$100,000 – $250,000 $500
$250,000 – $750,000 $1,000
$750,000 + $2,500
Thank you for your support. Together we can accomplish great things.
Feel free to contact Nicole DuPont, TCC Operations Lead, at (269) 441.5956 with any questions.